Thursday, July 31, 2008
As some of you may know, Robert and I met with Dr. John Isaacs, a fertility specialist in Jackson, this past Wednesday. Most of you know that we had tried for nearly 5 years to get pregnant with Sam, before the Lord finally blessed us with our awesome little man. . .needless to say, we knew that this time around could be a struggle. Fast forward 3 and a half years, and there we sat, in Dr. Isaacs office, after 1 successful pregnancy (Sam), 2 miscarriages over the course of the last 18 months, 6 months of Clomid, one laparoscopic surgery (6/24/08), and the conclusion that, 1. Sam Line is an ABSOLUTE miracle and 2. my fallopian tubes are "not friendly to embryos that are trying desperately to survive." (Let it be said that I already knew that Sam was our miracle baby, but I was beginning to assume that my reproductive organs might not be the greatest).Long story short, Dr. Isaacs informed us that, of all the procedures that he performs, the only one that he would recommend for us, because my situation requires that my tubes be bypassed completely, is In Vitro. To be honest, we had already anticipated this news, and though we are still trying to figure out where the money is going to come from, we understand that the Lord has led us down this path for a reason (Isa. 55:8-9), and we will begin preparing (oral medicine and shots) in August for our 1st (and hopefully, only) In Vitro procedure in late November. That being said, I will be in and out of Jackson no fewer than 10 times between now and early January when, if all goes according to schedule, Dr. Isaacs will perform a standard 6 week sonogram to either confirm or deny that our procedure was successful. In the meantime, if you feel so led, we would ask that you would just pray that Robert and I would maintain our desire to be obedient to the Lord's will for our lives and our family...to seek His will OVER ours, and to follow where He leads us (Isa.30:21). We are EXTREMELY wary of sacrificing our obedience for what appears to be a semi-convenient solution to our problem; but as I said earlier, I am convinced that the Lord has led us to this place for a reason, and my gut tells me that, ultimately, it is for HIS name to be glorified, regardless of the outcome (Rev. 15:4)! These past 8 years, and especially these past 18 months, He has drawn us closer to His heart than any other time in our lives, and we are SO thankful for the journey! I won't say that it has come easily or without much heartache, but we find so much comfort in the knowledge that we serve a God who loves us, and our children, passionately. . .He truly is our Jehova Jireh and our Jehovah Rapha. . .our hope IS in Him (Lamentations 3:25)!!!
In His Awesome Grip,
Tish
As some of you may know, Robert and I met with Dr. John Isaacs, a fertility specialist in Jackson, this past Wednesday. Most of you know that we had tried for nearly 5 years to get pregnant with Sam, before the Lord finally blessed us with our awesome little man. . .needless to say, we knew that this time around could be a struggle. Fast forward 3 and a half years, and there we sat, in Dr. Isaacs office, after 1 successful pregnancy (Sam), 2 miscarriages over the course of the last 18 months, 6 months of Clomid, one laparoscopic surgery (6/24/08), and the conclusion that, 1. Sam Line is an ABSOLUTE miracle and 2. my fallopian tubes are "not friendly to embryos that are trying desperately to survive." (Let it be said that I already knew that Sam was our miracle baby, but I was beginning to assume that my reproductive organs might not be the greatest).Long story short, Dr. Isaacs informed us that, of all the procedures that he performs, the only one that he would recommend for us, because my situation requires that my tubes be bypassed completely, is In Vitro. To be honest, we had already anticipated this news, and though we are still trying to figure out where the money is going to come from, we understand that the Lord has led us down this path for a reason (Isa. 55:8-9), and we will begin preparing (oral medicine and shots) in August for our 1st (and hopefully, only) In Vitro procedure in late November. That being said, I will be in and out of Jackson no fewer than 10 times between now and early January when, if all goes according to schedule, Dr. Isaacs will perform a standard 6 week sonogram to either confirm or deny that our procedure was successful. In the meantime, if you feel so led, we would ask that you would just pray that Robert and I would maintain our desire to be obedient to the Lord's will for our lives and our family...to seek His will OVER ours, and to follow where He leads us (Isa.30:21). We are EXTREMELY wary of sacrificing our obedience for what appears to be a semi-convenient solution to our problem; but as I said earlier, I am convinced that the Lord has led us to this place for a reason, and my gut tells me that, ultimately, it is for HIS name to be glorified, regardless of the outcome (Rev. 15:4)! These past 8 years, and especially these past 18 months, He has drawn us closer to His heart than any other time in our lives, and we are SO thankful for the journey! I won't say that it has come easily or without much heartache, but we find so much comfort in the knowledge that we serve a God who loves us, and our children, passionately. . .He truly is our Jehova Jireh and our Jehovah Rapha. . .our hope IS in Him (Lamentations 3:25)!!!
In His Awesome Grip,
Tish

No comments:
Post a Comment