
I LOVE to laugh! There's something about laughing that makes me feel good from the inside, out. Thankfully, I co-habitate with a couple of clowns, so laughter is a regular occurence around Casa de Line (for the record, the everpresent possibility of laughter in our home, is probably one of my top 3 favorite things about the family that the Lord has created for me). Enter our most frequent source of humor: Sam.
Monday, at Sam's preschool, the kiddos learned about Groundhog Day. Sam's teacher read them a story about Groundhog Day. They looked at pictures of groundhogs. They created a cute Groundhog Day craft (I should post a picture of it) involving a popsicle stick, a paper groundhog cutout, and a styrofoam cup. By the end of the day, the children in Mrs. Lisa's 3-year old class were, to the best of their abilities, authorities on all things groundhog. . .sort of.
This morning, as Robert was leaving for work, Sam realized that he had not yet shown his Groundhog Day craft to his daddy. He ran into the mudroom, grabbed his newest creation, and began to show Robert how, using the popsicle stick that was attached to the paper groundhog, he could make the groundhog pop into and out of the hole* (*read: styrofoam cup). Robert showed much enthusiasm for our son's art project given that it was 6:15 a.m., and I said to Sam, "Sammy, why don't you tell Daddy what you learned about Groundhog Day while he is putting his shoes on."
Sam straightens his back, looks Robert dead in the eyes, and says, "Well, see here Daddy. . .if the groundhog sticks his head out of da hole and doesn't see his shadow, den summer's comin'. . .if da groundhog sticks his head out of da hole and he SEES his shadow, den dat's 6 mo-ah weeks of weekends."
I like his logic!
1 comment:
What a cutie!! I could almost hear his sweet little voice explaining it all. Thanks for the laugh! Joy is contagious, isn't it?? Love you, girl! Keep laughing...
Post a Comment