Background

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Heart's Cry

I LOVE the God I serve! I LOVE how He cares so deeply for me that He would take time out of His schedule to reach His mighty hand down from Heaven, scoop me up, and hold me close to His heart. . .close enough to hear it beating. . .so that I may better understand who He is, how He loves me (John 3:16), and who He wants to be to me. It never ceases to amaze me that Almighty God, the Creator of the Universe, wants to be something TO ME!
My heart ACHES to stand before my Abba God and hear Him say, "Well done. . .my good and faithful servant." (Matt. 25:21) ACHES!!! I can't wait to stand before Him in the Heavenly throne room, my ears filled with the sound of angels singing, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty," (Isa. 6:3) The day is coming. I am one day closer to eternity in my Father's arms than I was yesterday. I pray that tomorrow (should I be granted tomorrow), I will do, think, and say in such a manner that, were my Adonai to call me home at the end of the day, my efforts would bring Him the honor and glory that He is due (I Tim. 1:17) and, in turn, He would do me the honor of calling me His faithful servant.

No comments: